The sun is shining, and we can practically taste the saltiness in the air. School is almost out and traffic will be easier. Summer is officially 3 weeks away.… That means MORE.
-more time with friends and family
-more sporting events
-more beach time
While all of this amazing MORE is happening that we all look forward to, the reality is that the summer months are only 2 months; We can have a really hard time in September getting back to reality if we don’t plan ahead…. Here are some tips for having the time of your life, while keeping your health in check.
Tips for a healthy summer.
- MOVE – stay consistent with your current exercise routine. OR, start something new. Get the kids involved, and JUST MOVE. Don’t overthink it.
- APPLY – apply sunscreen, even when you think you don’t need it. Just trust me on this one.
- BEWARE – foods claim to be “healthy” or “fat free” but are loaded with sugars and synthetic ingredients. Read labels. Consume natural and organic when available and affordable.
- BYOF (Bring your own food) – Volunteer to be the one who brings a dish (0r two) to the BBQ. That way you can ensure at least one dish will be a healthy one.
- HYDRATE – Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces every day. So, for example, if you weigh 160 pounds, drink AT LEAST 80 ounces of water. Go crazy with flavorings to change it up. Add lemons, limes, ginger, mint, etc.
- KEEP TO A SCHEDULE – I know it’s summer, and we all need a little R & R. However, as a species, we thrive on regularity. So keep a tentative schedule of fun activities for you and your family. Be sure to include “me time” for you in it. It is easy to become MORE busy in the summer, particularly when the kids are home. Keeping to a schedule helps keep you and your family organized, and maintains the summer momentum! You can certainly schedule a “free” day where the family decides spontaneously what to do on that particular day. And your “free” day may be a “home” day (as my son calls it). The schedule is yours to create, keep, and modify. Do you see how much control you can have here?
Now go get what is yours…. Happy Summer!
NEED HELP GETTING STARTED ON A HEALTH AND FITNESS JOURNEY? Contact me below:
FB: www.facebook.com/coachdanafit (or search “coach Dana Battaglia” for my LIKE page)